Sports Recap 9/18-9/22

The Lady Eagles volleyball team won with a nail-biting score of 3-2 against Canton last week. The Eagles football team swept Henderson with a score of 55-7. Addison Ridge took the initiative in the volleyball attack with 17 kills. Wyatt Parker scored four touchdowns in rushes.

Both the freshman A team and JV Lady Eagles won against Canton, coincidentally both with a 2-0 score. The freshman B team beat Tyler Legacy with another score of 2-0. Maddox Lay contributed 16 kills, 3 blocks, and a dig; Kayli Vickery had 9 kills and 7 blocks; Reagan Cates had 8 kills, 4 blocks, and 5 digs; Setter Macy Luster had 23 assists and 11 digs. On the defense side, Reagan Hope contributed 16 digs, and Calie Schmidt had 5. The Lady Eagles crushed Canton in their own court.

Clint Thurman rushed for 211 yards and threw for 181 in last Friday’s game. Marcus Field received for 111 yards. Wyatt Parker rushed for 147 yards and scored four touchdowns.

Keirsan Sanders led the attack with six kills and added two blocks and two digs defensively. Kenlie Collins had five kills, one block, and an ace. Setter Emory Schmidt added seventeen assists and two aces. Defensively, Holli Dunn led with 11 digs; Bayleigh Yarbrough had 5 digs and Ava Meier had 3, along with a block and a kill. The Lady Eagles are 5-0 in district and 26-7 overall.

The Lady Eagles will play Athens at 4:30 p.m. in Lindale. The football team will also play Athens for our Homecoming game at 7:30 p.m.