Deadline Reminder: Key Club, NHS, and TJC Service Hours Due Soon

Diya Patel

As the end of the year approaches, students involved in National Honor Society, Key Club, and TJC community service initiatives are reminded of deadlines for their service hours. National Honor Society hours are due by April 19th, TJC community service hours by April 30th, and Key Club hours by May 10th.

“I think it’s important for anyone to serve the community and to meet new people,” counselor Tamica Collard said. “This is a great way for students to explore new interests.” 

National Honors Society (NHS) hours can be logged in to InnerView. Non-logging hours will lead to NHS probation, also service hours for the 2024-25 school year begin August 1st.

“The reason we have to give this requirement is to encourage students to think about others,” NHS sponsor Sally Clemmons said. “This is very important for applying to colleges, jobs or internships.”

All 50 hours for Key Club need to be submitted in a Google slide on Google classroom. Failure to do so will result in removal from the program and not being able to rejoin next year.

“We hope that Key Club gives opportunities to bond with other members through the things they do together,”  sponsor Laura Brown said. “Most importantly the goal is to serve the community and be a great representative for Lindale.”

The TJC community service hours count towards the TJC Promise tuition program, and the 25 hours are due by April 30 throughout high school . The counselors have emailed the link where to submit the hours.

“I really enjoy giving back to the community that’s invested so much into me as a student and individual growing up here in Lindale,” President of Key Club Angelina Jansen.“I believe this opportunity to serve the community has provided me with lifelong lessons that I know I’ll carry with me as I go to college and explore the world.”