Boys & Girls Powerlifting State Results

Courtesy of Lindale Powerlifting
The official state powerlifting results. On the boys team, 4 advanced to state. As for the girls team, 4 also advanced and placed.

The 2023-2024 Powerlifting season is now officially over, with 3 girls medaling at state on March 15 at the Comerica Center in Frisco, Texas. The boys team competed March 22 in Abilene and had 4 advance to state. 

For girls state competitors, Senior Jalynn Gateley got 4th place, with a 860 lb total. Junior Addison Frazier landed 3rd place with a 1010 lb total. Freshman Sopha Galysh placed 5th with a 865 lb total. Junior Regan Wooten placed 11th with a 890 lb total. 

Of the boys who went to state, senior Harrison Prater placed 31st with a 1365 lb total. Senior Miles Miller placed 20th with a 1350 lb total. Junior Lukas Harbour placed 22nd with 1210 lb total. Junior Gunner Johnson placed 19th with a 1475 lb total. 

Senior Jalynn Gateley has been on the girls powerlifting team since her freshman year, qualifying for regionals both as a freshman and sophomore. Now as a senior, Jalynn was able to compete at state and placed 4rd overall, wrapping up her last year of powerlifting with Lindale high school.

“This season has been really successful,” senior Jalynn Gately said. “19 girls qualified for regionals and we had a lot of girls medaling at the meets and at Regionals. My favorite part of the season was the state experience and getting to grow closer to my teammates.”

Addison Frazier has been on the girls powerlifting team since sophomore year, and has made it to state twice now. At this year’s state meet, Addison placed 3rd with a 1010 lb total. 

“This year’s season went pretty well. We were a lot more disciplined this year and everyone had a lot of fun and was willing to put the work in,” junior Addison Frazier said. “My season was really good this year. I’m very happy with my lifts in state, and I set new personal records on all my lifts.”  

This year was junior Regan Wooten’s first season to compete. She didn’t place this year at state, however she achieved new personal records. 

“I had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people and had a lot of successful experiences. I put a lot of work into it and I really do love weight lifting,” junior Regan Wooten said. “I’m going to take my experience at state and learn from it so hopefully I’ll place next year.” 

Harrison Prater is a senior with this year being his first year to compete in powerlifting. With only competing in two meets, Harrison qualified easily for regionals then advanced to state. 

“This season was good. Overall I had a good experience and met some really nice people,” senior Harrison Prater said. “Regionals was my favorite part of the season because I got a record bench of 430.”