The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

2024-2025 Star Stepper Officers Announced

The 2024-2025 Star Stepper officers were announced recently. Team and officer tryouts were held on April 19.

“I’m always excited for a new year starting, you never know who the new combination of people will be,” Drill Team Director Keri Pierce said. “It’s always fun watching the new officers work together and work for the betterment of the drill team.”

The upcoming captain for 2024-2025 is current sophomore Samantha McConathy.

“I am so honored to have earned the role of captain this year,” McConathy said. “Being an officer is something I’ve wanted since I was little, and I can’t wait for an amazing year full of new opportunities.”

The senior lieutenant is junior Ila Varnado, and lieutenants are sophomore Mollee Kate Dewolfe, sophomore Grace Harford, and junior Taeler Schilling.

“I’m really proud of all the new officers for the hard work we put in for this role,” Varnado said. “I can’t wait for this upcoming year to be able to lead all the dancers and have a good time.”

Lieutenants are assigned squads to help the dancers in their squad. When the lieutenants need help they go to their captain.

“I was so excited when the results were sent out and I saw my name on the list as lieutenant,” Schilling said. “I am most excited to make positive relationships with my teammates and really bring everyone together as a family.”

During the school year, officers practice in the mornings for competition. On Thursday’s all dancers practice after school from 3:30-5:30 p.m.

“I feel very grateful to be picked to be a Star Stepper officer for next year,” Dewolfe said. “I’m looking forward to having fun and making new memories with the new line.”

The Star Stepper’s go to every football game and basketball game to perform. They also have competition during the year and their spring show.

“I’m excited to be a role model and a leader to all the girls on the team,” Harford said. “I’m really honored to have this position, and I’m thankful for this opportunity.”

Members of the 2024-2025 line include:

Jade Adams

Jillian Almon

Addilyn Bills

Maaliyah Bradford

Avery Brown

Liliana Campos

Thania Castillo

Madeline Chilek

Kenlie Collins

Jailana Colston

Averi Davis

Elle Denson

Mollee-Kate DeWolfe

Serenity Fuller

Madi Gasser

Grace Harford

Leigha Hughes

Kayden King

Grace Koustoubardis

Caitlyn Martines

Kailyn Mathis

Samantha McConathy

Addison McHam

Morgan McKnight

Claire Means

Nise Melchor

Kaitlyn Neal

Faith Olds

Mariela Paredes

Jaimie Phillips

Zia Pitts

Addison Pritchard

Harper Ramsey

Stefany Rosas

Taelor Schilling

Carly Schultz

Preslie Segroves

Katie Sherrod

Ila Varnado

Dani Wicke

Brianna Williams