Culinary student work on ornaments.
Culinary student work on ornaments.
Photo by: Christian Wynne

Culinary Cooks Their Way into the Holiday

The honors culinary class will make ornaments that will be presented in the main lobby Dec. 13-14. They also will make cinnamon rolls for the faculty and staff Friday.

Each year my advanced students have the opportunity to show off their holiday spirit by creating an edible ornament collection,” culinary teacher Summer French said. “My student’s spend class time planning and executing their themed collections.”

Students will be able to vote on their favorite ornament in the lobby. They will be laid out on tables and students will be able to choose between which ornament is the best.

“I am so excited for the other students to see our ornaments,” junior Yozelyn Salmeron said. “It is a good way for the students to be able to see our creativity and hard work on our ornaments.”

The students will have to make a set of six ornaments, and they have to be edible. They will be preparing these ornaments for two weeks and then they will put them on display to show off their holiday spirit.

“I think it is so cool that we get to have full freedom to create whatever we want to show off,” junior Grace Perkins said. “I am a little nervous, but also excited to show off our ornaments on the tree.”

The  students will also make cinnamon rolls for all the teachers. Cinnamon rolls and coffee can be picked up in the culinary room.

“The last time we did something like this was when we passed out pancakes to the teachers,” junior Trinity Boaz said. “It was so fun and we are so excited to be able to do it again to represent our holiday spirit.”