Eagles Watch Eclipse Reach Totality Over Lindale

Junior Sydney Hines and Madi Gasser look out at the solar eclipse right before it reaches totality.
Eagle Eye news adviser Neda Morrow took real-time video of Monday’s eclipse. Music with permission by Filmpac.

Lindale was in the path of the total solar eclipse Monday with students and teachers taking time outside to witness the event using special solar glasses.

“The eclipse happens every 25 or so years,” Principal Jeremy Chilek said. “The fact that it’s so rare is a great opportunity for kids, teachers, and adults to be able to view it as an educational opportunity.”

The Education Foundation provided the district with safe viewing glasses, educational resources, photo props, books, and more for students and faculty. 

I am very excited to be in the path of a total solar eclipse,” director of communications Courtney Sanguinetti said. “For our students and staff to be able to experience this historical moment together is truly special and something that we will all remember for a lifetime.”

Members of the Eagle Eye newspaper staff, EagleVision film team, and Eagle yearbook staff were outside taking pictures and documenting the historic event.  A real-time video was also made using a special camera filter and a zoom lens.

“Seeing the eclipse was a very cool experience,” senior Peter Medrano said. “Even though totality only lasted a couple of minutes, it was cool that everyone got to watch.”