These are the blueprints the architecture class created.
Photo Provided By Camela Walters

Construction To Build House in 2022-2023 School Year

The engineering and construction classes have worked together to design and build a functioning tiny house.  By the end of the next school year, the house will be completed and sold for profit to the Lindale community. 

“The architecture students have done an outstanding job on the plans,”  teacher Camela Walters said. “I am very proud of them and their efforts, and we were so honored to be the first step in this project and can’t wait to see the final build.”

The architecture class researched tiny homes to get some ideas on designs, and they were given a specification on the size of the house. From there, the class worked in groups to design the tiny home.

This should be a great learning experience for all students involved,” CTE director Brent Berryman said. “It will also bridge a gap we have by including projects like these with the local community members.”

This project is designed to teach the construction and architecture students trade skills and different aspects of building and planning. 

The project will go from design (by the engineering students) to construction  and then on to marketing and advertising.  The project will incorporate the skills of multiple Career and Technology classes before it is completed.

“I feel this will be a successful project for Lindale ISD,” Walters said. “The students were very excited to get this started and I expect the school to build many of these in years to come.”

These are the floor plans for the tiny home. (Photo Provided By Camela Walters)