The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Football Team Approaches End of Regular Season With Big Wins

Paula Arantes
The offensive line prepares to play. This game was against Van.

The varsity football team will play against Jacksonville on Friday as their last game before district. They recently beat both Palestine and the number one ranked Chapel Hill.

“We felt great about our [wins],” head football coach Chris Cochran said. “When there is belief and hard work, you can do a lot more than what people think you can.”

The team won 57-49 against Palestine and 35-23 against Chapel Hill. Friday’s game against Jacksonville will kick off at 7:30 p.m. and will be played at the home stadium.

Against Jacksonville, we want to play to our standard,” Cochran said. “We want to play with Relentless Effort and Exceptional Toughness. We are trying to play the game at a high speed and be very physical.”

For the Chapel Hill game, senior Clint Thurman was named the Offensive Player of the Week and was also the Built Ford Tough Player of the Week which is a statewide honor. Senior Marcus Field was the Defensive Player of the Week, and sophomore Jackson Parker was the Special Teams Player of the Week.

“I feel very honored to have been named the Built Ford Tough Player of the week,” Thurman said. “I loved the turnout of both the Chapel Hill and Palestine games, and I am excited to see how the game will go against Jacksonville.”

The team practices by lifting weights during their athletic period and running drills after school. On Thursdays, they complete a run-through of their game plan for their following games on Fridays.

“I love practicing football because every moment on the field is another opportunity to get better and work to become the best version of myself,” junior Drew Ragland said. “It’s not just about the game; it’s about the discipline, the teamwork, and the relentless persistence of improvement.”