Sports Recap: 10/2-10/6

The Lady Eagles volleyball rushed past Cumberland Academy Knights while Eagle football fell behind the Kilgore Bulldogs 64-29. Maddox Lay led the Lady Eagles with 14 kills, and Wyatt Parker and Clint Thurman scored 2 touchdowns.

Libero Reagan Hope led defensively with 11 digs. Addison Ridge had 7 digs, Megan McGee had 5 digs, and Ana Russell Johnson added 4 digs. Leading the attack for the Lady Eagles was Maddox Lay with 14 kills, Reagan Cates had 8 kills, and Maddie Little and Kayli Vickery had 6 kills. Addison Ridge had 4 kills, and Alyssa Potts and Ella Hutchens each added 3 kills. Ella Hutchens also had 3 blocks, Kayli Vickery and Reagan Cates recorded 2 blocks. Macy Luster contributed 22 assists and Tatum Woodard added 19 assists.

On the offensive line, Casey Poe and Jack Kirk each contributed 4 knockdowns. Cameron Griffin added 3 knockdowns while Christian Pettway and Trey Rozell both had 1. Marcus Field scored 1 touchdown.

The Lady Eagles are now 29-8 on the season and the Eagles are now 3-4.

Junior Varsity won in two sets 25-21 and 25-15. Brooke Gissell led the attack with 9 kills. Lauren Stanton contributed 7 kills. Kenlie Collins had 4 kills and 5 digs, and Keirsan Sanders had 4 kills, 2 digs, and 1 block. Clara Helvey assisted 13 times, and Emory Schmidt had 12 assists for the Lady Eagles. Holli Dunn had 9 digs and 2 aces, and Bayleigh Yarbrough added 6 digs.

The Lady Eagles travel to Brownsboro Tuesday to take on the Bears at 6 o’clock. The varsity Eagles will play an away game against the  Chapel Hill Rams at 7:30 on Friday.