Queen nominees pose for a picture together.
Photo by Christian Wynne

Homecoming Court Selected 2021-2022

They walk into third period, still tired from the homework and practices the night before. After the class stands for the pledges and moment of silence, they listen patiently for the list of girls who will represent the school. The names were listed off slowly and soon they all knew they had a job to do at one of the most important games of the season.

The Homecoming queen nominees and class duchesses will be presented during the pre-game events on Oct. 15. Voting for the queen will end on Oct. 14.

“We are very excited for these girls,” student council sponsor Renee Ramsey said. “They are very hardworking and deserve the recognition they will receive at the game.”

Senior Brylee Bergbower was voted by the freshman class to represent them as their nominee. She is involved in NHS, soccer, cheer as a captain, jumps on the track team, and the Texas Bank and Trust Student Board.

“I’m just happy that my peers thought of me and decided to vote for me,” Bergbower said. “I’m most excited to go out on the field with my friends because all of us nominees are close friends and I think this will be a cool experience to do together.”

Senior Emma Elliott was voted by the sophomore class to represent them as their nominee. She is involved in cheer as a captain, FFA, livestock judging, agriculture mechanics, and competes in rodeos.

“I was shocked, but very excited and honored because this is my first full year here,” Elliott said. “I think I got nominated because I try to be nice to everyone, especially the younger kids, like the freshmen and sophomores.”

Senior Maggie Spearman was voted by the junior class to represent them. She is involved in basketball as the captain, NHS, and Grace Student Ministry.

“This opportunity is a great opportunity to represent my family and my friends and the junior class,” Spearman said. ”I’m super excited to do it.”

Senior Preslie Walters was voted by the senior class to represent them as their nominee. She is involved in pole vaulting on both the school and a select team, volleyball, NHS as the secretary, and the Texas Bank and Trust Student Board.

“I think I was nominated because I am in a lot of activities,” Walters said. “I’m excited to represent the senior class, go out there with my friends, have fun, and dress up.”

Each class nominated a class duchess to represent them at the Homecoming Ceremony. The nominees include freshman Holli Dunn, sophomore Dru Lewis, junior Madeleine Morton, and senior Chloe Nations.

“When I found out I won the title of Senior Duchess I was so shocked,” Chloe Nations said. “I am most excited about my dress and having the opportunity to walk out on the field to represent my class.”