Annual Turkey Trot To Be Held Thanksgiving Day

The Turkey Trot 5K and Kids Race will be held at the E.J. Moss Intermediate on Thanksgiving morning. The Kids Race starts at 8:30 a.m. and is followed by the 5K at 8:45 a.m.

Seeing the community come together and kick off their Thanksgiving day with family and friends is what I look forward to the most,” Director of Communications Courtney Sanguinetti said. “More than 400 runners participate in the 5k run.”

Students and families can use the discount code LINDALESTUDENT for $5 off the entry fee for the 5K race only. The 5K is $30 and the Kids Race is $20, and all proceeds from the race will be invested back into the Lindale ISD Education Foundation.

The Lindale Turkey Trot started to give back to the school district,” Sanguinetti said. “Sponsors, runners, and volunteers are what make the race possible.

The 5K registration includes a Lindale Turkey Trot t-shirt, a finisher medal, and a chip-timed race, and the Kids Race registrants will receive a kids t-shirt and finisher medal. The top three of each age division will receive a gold, silver, or bronze medal. 

“The Lindale Turkey Trot is a perfect example of how great things happen with collaboration between our outstanding school district, city, race planners, and volunteers,” Sanguinetti said. “Donations remain in the school district and thus benefit the entire community by investing in education and quality of life.”