Sports Recap: 8/21-8/25

The Lady Eagles volleyball and Eagle football teams roared past the Troup Tigers and Kaufman Lions this week at home.  Addison Ridge led the attack for volleyball with 13 kills, and Clint Thurman ran for four touchdowns.

The varsity Lady Eagles won in four sets 25-17, 20-25, 26-24, and 25-21. The varsity Eagles won 56-46.

Kayli Vickery put down 9 kills, and Reagan Cates had 8 on the night.  Wyatt Parker rushed for 255 yards and three touchdowns, while Chad Ward scored one receiving TD.  

Callie Schmidt and Addison Ridge each contributed 11 digs. Reagan Cates added four blocks defensively. 

On the offensive line, Casey Poe and Christian Pettway led with 18 and 16 knockdowns respectively, while Jake Curbow and Hudson Legrow led the defense with 11 tackles for Legrow and 10 for Curbow. 

The Lady Eagles are now 16-4 on the season and the Eagles are 1-0.

JV volleyball defeated Troup in two sets 25-13 and 25-11. Brooke Gissell led with 5 kills, 2 blocks, and Kenlie Collins added 5 kills, 1 block, 1 ace. Freshman A Team also beat Troup with Grace Koustoubardis serving 17 straight service points in a set. Freshman B played Tyler Heat and won in two sets. Laney England and Cadence Thompson were standouts for the freshman squad.

All four teams will take on Hallsville Tuesday night in Lindale. Freshman A and JV will play at 5:00pm with Freshman B and Varsity to follow at 6:00pm. 

JV football tied Kaufman 16-16, while Freshman Blue beat Kaufman 36-0 and Freshman White beat Sulphur Springs 14-8.  

The varsity Eagles will play Pine Tree next Friday in Longview at 7:30.  JV will play PT at home at 7 on Thursday, and the freshmen will play at home at 4:15 and 5:00