Seniors To Participate In Graduation Activities

The end of the year brings many senior activities.  The senior walk will be held on Thursday, and the senior picnic will be held on Friday. Mandatory graduation practice will be held on May 26 at 9 a.m. at the Eagle Stadium, and graduation will take place at 8 p.m.

I love the graduation walk. It gives our students an opportunity to proudly show young Eagles something they can work toward,” Principal Jeremy Chilek said. “I love this senior class and am really looking forward to graduation to celebrate them and the legacy they have left at LHS.”

Students must bring their cap and gown to school for the senior walk. All seniors who eat at C lunch will eat at B lunch and then report to the Auxiliary Gym at 12:47 p.m., ride the bus to each designated campus, and be dismissed for the day once it is over.

“I’m excited about the senior walk because I am a 13-year student here,” senior Nicole Hernandez said. “This walk around a campus gives me the opportunity to reminisce on old memories.”

If a senior has an immediate family member working at a campus, they can visit here to ensure they visit that specific campus. The deadline to submit the form is Wednesday.

“I am looking forward to the senior walk,” senior Laniya Daniels said. “I am another 13-year student, and I am going to love to be able to walk through those hallways one more time.”

For the senior picnic, students will report to the cafeteria by 9:30 a.m. and be able to participate in an autograph page signing for the yearbook before leaving.   The picnic will be at Faulkner Park.

“I am looking forward to the senior picnic because it’s a chance for all of us to have a last bonding experience,” senior Camden Chilek said. “It’s a great way to end senior year.”

Seniors must attend practice in order to participate in order to be able to participate in graduation later in the day. Students must be in dress code.

“I am excited to graduate and start a new chapter of my life,” senior Christian Wynne said. “This year has been fun, but I’m excited for my future opportunities.”