The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

CTE Night To Be Held Thursday

Poster for CTE night with different featured organizations. The eighth graders will be welcome Thursday night. Photo by Lindsay Kelly.

Current eighth grade students and their parents are invited to the Career and Technology Education night on Thursday. Students will enter at the entrance by the library, where they will be given a map of the school and a planning guide for touring the programs and attending sessions. The sessions will be held at 6:00, 6:30, and 7:00.

“The thing I’m most excited about for CTE night is meeting all of the incoming freshmen,” junior Sydney Hines said. “It’s really just getting to show them what our program is all about and all of the opportunities they have coming into high school.” 

Teachers of the CTE classes will give a 10-minute presentation about their classes and what they have to offer the incoming freshmen. Students will also have the opportunity to tour part of the school.  However,  the athletic areas, band halls, cafeteria, and non-CTE classrooms will not be accessible during CTE night. 

“I’d say the most fun thing about our program is the sense of togetherness,” Hines said. “We’re a very close-knit group and that makes it really fun to work on projects and have fun doing it.”

For more information on CTE programs, go to lhseagles.org/career-tech.