The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

TSI and College Fair to be held Next Week

On Tuesday during first period, a college fair will be held in the gym behind the home bleachers. This is targeted mainly towards juniors and seniors, and students will be allowed to ask college representatives questions pertaining to attending their college. Representatives will be present from about 18 different colleges, including SFA, A&M, University of Alabama, and many other in and out-of-state colleges. 

“There’s quite a variety of schools that will be here,” guidance counselor Tamica Collard said. “Even if you’re not going to college straight out of high school, as many students take advantage of the TJC promise, this is still a great time to visit with those colleges for after TJC.”

On Wednesday and Thursday, sophomores who signed up for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) test will take the exam in the lecture hall. The test is designed to determine if students are ready for college-level work. Students must make a qualifying score of 945 with an essay score of 5 for English and a score of 950 on math. 

“If students do not make a qualifying score on the TSI here, they can always test at TJC, as well as an online opportunity,” Collard said.