Lindale to Host UIL Meet

https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?webpage_id=26212&tourn_id=30058
Schedule for the Lindale Winter UIL Academic Meet. There may be inconsistencies after the tournament has began due to delays.

Lindale will host an academic meet this Saturday at the high school. This is the first academic meet of the new year. 

“We are hosting our last tournament of the year which is a nice milestone for us,” speech and debate coach Rory McKenzie said. “These are good opportunities for our students but also to host students from other schools and let them see how great Lindale is.”

Many UIL academic contests and their specific events will occur at the meet; speech and debate, journalism, mathematics, science, computer, calculator, current events, and more. Students can also sign up for community hours at the concession stands for the all day event.

“I’m very grateful I was able to sign up to volunteer at this tournament,” sophomore Laila Lindsey said. “I’m in need of community service hours, and running a concession stand with my friend is a great way for me to get them.”