Students Make All-State Choir

The All-State choir members pose for the picture. “I’m very proud of myself because I have been working on this since summer,” freshman Aalivia Stroud said. Photo courtesy of Kerry Baham

Members of the choir who qualified for the area competition competed at Stephen F. Austin on Saturday. Five members earned a spot in the TMEA All-State Choir and will participate in the All-State convention.

“I am proud of the students in this program,” choir director Kerry Baham said. “This is a great accomplishment, and I cannot wait to see the future of these singers.”

Seniors Sara Wood and Adrian Martinez, sophomores Elijah McGuire and Zia Pitts, and freshman Aalivia Stroud placed and earned a spot in the All-State Choir. The choir members set a record with the most All-State singers from any school in Region 7.

“This is my second year being in the All-State choir,” McGuire said. “It’s been my goal to repeat this accomplishment, and I’m excited to have this opportunity again.”

Stroud was the first freshman girl 98u9i9to earn a spot in the All-State choir. The choir is also the only school in TMEA East Area to have an All-State singer in each voice part including soprano, tenor, bass, and alto.

“I’m very proud of myself because I have been working on this since summer,” Stroud said. “This has been my goal for a while to be in the school’s history.”