Christmas Arrangement Winners Announced

Susana Bastida with her prize for winning.

Floral design classes created floral arrangements to celebrate the upcoming Christmas season. These included a number of elements learned in class. The arrangements were open to voting from other students and teachers. 

“This project is a follow up with what we have learned about elements of design,” floral design teacher Kim Watson said. “They got to choose a mug and create a design using line, depth, tension, and many others. The students who won truly deserved it; they created beautiful designs that fully showed their creativity and what they have learned. ”

Class winners were as follows; 2nd Period – Lauren Stanton, 3rd Period –  Clint Thurman

4th Period –  Susana Bastida, 7th Period –  Cody Hendrick,  and 8th Period –  Ximena Molina. 

Overall top 3 were as follows; 1st – Susana Bastida, 2nd – Clint Thurman, and 3rd – Lauren Stanton.

“I am very proud of the design I was able to come up with,” sophomore Lauren Stanton said. “I was able to encompass so many elements that really put me and those who voted into the Christmas spirit”