Sports Recap 9/11-9/15

The Lady Eagles volleyball team won a victory last week against Brownsboro with a score of 3-1. The football team lost  56-59 against Gilmer. Addison Ridge led the attack with 14 kills, and Wyatt Parker rushed for eight touchdowns. 

The freshman and JV Lady Eagles win against Brownsboro, both with a score of 2-0. Clara Helver earned 12 assists and digs. Kaidance Smith served 10 straight points and added 7 assists. The Lady Eagles dominated Friday night on their home court. 

Clint Thurman rushed for a total of 759 yards and passed for 637 yards. Chad Ward received for 214 yards and Marcus Field rushed for 210 yards in Friday’s game. Thurman had a total of 72 touchdown points.

Libero Reagan Hope had 13 defensive digs, and Kaylie Vickery blocked six times to keep the Brownsboro hitters at bay. Setter Macy Luster had 23 assists, and Tatum Woodard tallied 20 assists. The Lady Eagles are 3-0 in district and 24-7 overall.

The Lady Eagles will play against Canton Friday at 4:30 p.m. in Canton. The football team will play against Henderson on Friday at 7:30 p.m.