The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Vision to Livestream Football Games

Junior Kylie Gorman livestreams the Kaufman game from the third deck of the press box.

The Eagle Vision film team will live stream this week’s football game on Friday against Van. Four games will be livestreamed this season, including the first two and last two Friday night home football games.

The stream can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/@EagleVisionMedia.  Choose “Live” to see upcoming streams, or choose “Playlists” to see their work from last year.

“I am very passionate about the entire audio and visual program because it is so skills based,” audio and visual teacher Neda Morrow said. “I love how the kids are able to do something that really matters in terms of technology and in building real-world technology skills.”

In order to get all the angles of the games, there are three camera operators who run Canon XA and XF prosumer video cameras from the second and third decks and at mid field. The crew is connected through headsets back to the control room.

“I love Eaglevision so much,” EV Business and Marketing Manager Liliana Miller said. “I adore midfield during live streams because I’m so close to the action and I’m surrounded by people with high energy and excitement.”

The control room is where the camera work is combined into the stream itself. In the room there are two people running the show.  One runs a NewTek Tricaster switcher, and the other directs the camera operators and gives instructions to the switcher operator. 

“EagleVision has brought so much positivity to me,” Executive Producer and junior Syndey Hines said. “Whether it’s from learning technical skills that I’m able to apply in my daily life or creating bonds with everyone in our team on filming days.”

The live stream gets up to 700-900 views after each game and about 100 viewers during the live stream. The provides this service to the community in order for fans who can’t attend to be able to see the games. They also stream at the end of the year for graduation. A new addition the team hopes to add this year will be the inclusion of livestreams for two soccer games.

“I am very proud of the team because they do a lot more work than the public realizes,” Morrow said.  “They show up and they do it even when it’s extreme weather outside.”

EagleVision is also competitive film team that  shoots documentaries, narratives, and animation films as well. They do community-based projects and produce talk shows in the Spring.

“This group is very talented and smart and they really enjoy what they are doing, ” Morrow said.  “I’m also really proud of how much they want to provide these services to our student body and our community. This is a great group of kiddos, and I’m proud to be their sponsor.”