Coronation queen crowned

Coronation queen crowned

Coronation was held March 1 in the Performing Arts Center. Representatives from each club and organization, as well as 4 class duchesses and queen nominees participated. Performances from ‘Elvis Presley,’ the ‘Blue Man Group’ and the Star Steppers were featured throughout the show. Senior Dallas Hays was crowned as coronation queen.

“Coronation is a fundraiser that is put on by the Junior class to raise money for prom,” coronation sponsor Keri Pierce said. “It is a long standing tradition in Lindale.”

Coronation has been a part of activities at Lindale High School for the past 40 years. As is tradition, the students walked across the stage and did formal bows to the crowd and to the queen and her court.

“I thought it was really neat how respectful the students were of the event,” principal Casey Neal said. “The event is historical and raises money for senior prom.”

There was a large turn out Saturday night. Cheers from the crowd could be heard in the lobby during the performances put on by LHS students.  Members of the drumline dressed as the Blue Man Group and put on a special drum performance using unconventional materials. There was a special appearance by a LHS student  who dressed as Elvis and wowed the crowd with both dance and song.  Select members of the Star Steppers also performed numerous dance numbers.

“I really enjoyed watching the Blue Man group perform,” sophomore Kaitlyn Wallace said. “The dancers brought out my inner jubilance, and made me want to get up there and dance with them.”