Project Soar Held on Good Friday

Students in newspaper bathe a dog at the local dog shelter.

On March 29, students from all over the high school participated in Project Soar. Project Soar is a community service day organized yearly by the Chick-fil-A Leadership Academy. 

“I’ve done Project Soar for three years now,” senior Troy Rasco said. “I like that everyone comes together to do something for our community.”

Students had the opportunity to participate in various acts of service, including helping out at the East Texas Food Bank, working at the Journey Center,  and volunteering at the local dog shelter.

“My favorite part about Project Soar was seeing the difference we made,”  junior Gunner Johnson said. “I chose to do it because I’ve had a lot of fun with it in years past, and everyone just kinda comes together.”

Over 260 students participated in Project Soar with many signing up to work with their organizations.

“My favorite part about Project Soar was working together and being with everybody, it’s a lot of fun,” freshman Tristan Edwards said. “I wanted to help the community around me with everything they do.”

At the end of the day, students received a free lunch courtesy of Chick-fil-A.

“I loved being able to come together as a group and help out the elders of our community,” junior Madi Gasser said. “My favorite part was seeing the impact we made in such a short amount of time.”