Junior Brady Allen and senior Tyler Chamberlain run through lines on the PAC stage. Allen plays the Mad Hatter while Chamberlain plays the White Rabbit.
Jaida Jones

Theater Department Prepares New Fall Show

UPDATE: [This story has been updated to show amended performance times of Sept. 30, Oct 2-3.]

The theater department is preparing to perform the show “Alice In Wonderland” in the Performing Arts Center this fall. The shows are scheduled for Sept. 31 and Oct. 2 at 7 p.m.  and at 2 p.m. on Oct. 3 for $5 at the box office.

Our goal is to use this show to grow our large group of newcomers this year while creating an entertaining look into a fictional world,” director Kari McKenzie said. “I know we have a lot of new students on stage, but that is always a fun time of discovery for both the actors and [the directors]

The show is three acts long, with a total of 14 scenes. Currently the show is two hours long with an intermission after the first act. 

“I feel like we are all going to do amazing things on stage,” sophomore Liliana Miller said. “We have a really good group of kids this year and I hope to grow closer with everyone.”

The students practice three times a week on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays after school as well as during their theater periods in the PAC. Students prepared a week before school to get this show up and running. All scenes are currently blocked and the set is ready to be made for the show. 

“I am excited to see what we do with this show through sets, props, and characters,” senior Tyler Chamberlain said. “I’m ready to see how this production turns out.” 

The production includes work from over 30 students. There are approximately 22 actors and eight techs helping bring this show together. 

“I am really excited to see all of the theater kids grow and expand as thespians,” junior Brady Allen said. “I think it is going to be super fun to see what we can do with this show.”