The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Three Students Awarded College Scholarships This Week

Josey Derosier
Seniors take photos with their scholarship recipient award. The awards were provided by Austin Bank.

Seniors Lydia Payne, Kaden Strickland, and Angelina Jansen were awarded scholarships this week. Each student has been awarded scholarships due to being an outstanding student and being involved in extracurricular activities. 

“I am beyond excited for the students receiving scholarships,” counselor Tamica Collard said. “Each student who has received scholarships is outstanding in the classroom and out.”

Payne has lived in Lindale her entire life. Payne is in basketball, track, NHS and has participated in Academic Rodeo. She was awarded a $1,000 Proximity Learning Inc. Scholarship from Texas Association of Community Schools. In addition to this, she was also awarded the Austin Bank Scholarship. Additionally, the Texas Association of Community Schools awarded Senior Lydia Payne a scholarship on May 12. Payne is in basketball, track, NHS and has participated in Academic Rodeo. 

”It means so much to me to be recognized and receive this scholarship,” Payne said. “It is such an honor to be chosen to represent LHS in this way.”

Strickland was awarded the Terry Scholarship from Texas A&M. 

Jansen was awarded the Austin Bank Scholarship alongside Payne. She is a member of the UIL science team as well as the robotics team. She is in NHS, Student Council, Key Club, and the Texas Bank and Trust Student Board. She will be attending Texas A&M in the fall.

I am extremely honored to have been awarded this scholarship, and to see the investment in my community in my future plans,” Jansen said. “I am extremely grateful for the Austin Bank’s support and for choosing me as one of their scholarship recipients.”