Starstepper’s Spectacular Spring Showcase

The Spring Show will be held on March 29 at 6:30 p.m in the PAC. The theme is “Welcome to New York,” and tickets are $5.

“The Spring Show is one of my favorite events we do throughout the year,” Star Stepper assistant director Krista Mullican said. “It showcases just how hard these quirks have worked all year long.”

Students in the performance include Star Steppers, Starlettes, Pom Squad and students from Dance Class 1. The performances include various types of dance such as jazz, lyrical, pom, kick, hip hop and tap dancing.

“I’m very excited for the spring show this year, especially since it’s my first year on the drill team,” sophomore Harper Ramsey said. “I think it’s going to be a great show, and I hope everyone enjoys all of the dances being performed this year.”

There are 28 dances in total, and each unit has a separate dance along with the officers performing solos. There are traditional dances such as the father-daughter dance, the last dance, and the officer’s dance called ‘Applause.’

“Drill team has been my home for the past three years, so knowing this is my last spring show is very hard for me,” senior Charlotte McConathy said. “I hope the audience is packed so people can see how hard we have worked to perfect this show!”

The students have been preparing for this show all year, and the directors have been getting ready for it since last summer. The show is around an hour and a half long with an intermission in the middle of the show.

“I’m super excited to show everyone what we have been working on this year,” captain Macy Beeler said. “Even though my time on the drill team is coming to an end this spring show, I’m grateful for the memories and life-long friendships I have created the last three years!”