Sports Recap 9/4-9/8

The varsity Eagles had a hard fought battle against the Van Vandals Friday at home and finished 37-42. Junior Hudson Legrow finished the night off with a total of 20 tackles. Senior Casey Poe led the offense with 8 knockdowns and senior Wyatt Parker ran for a total of 145 rushing yards.

Lady Eagle volleyball was dominant over the Vandals Friday at home. Varsity won 25-17, 20-25, 25-22, and 25-21. Middle blocker and senior Reagan Cates led the attack  with 13 kills. Seniors Maddox Lay and Kayli Vickery each put down six. Vickery added 7 blocks on the night with junior Aspen Ives blocking twice. Junior Addison Ridge and Lay each had eight digs while setter Macy Luster recorded six digs and 15 assists. Senior Tatum Woodard tallied 13 assists. The Lady Eagles are 1-0 in district and 22-7 overall. 

Junior varsity won 25-15 and 26-24. Freshman Brooke Gissell and junior Maddy Fowble each recorded five kills. Sophomore Lauren Stanton had four kills, and sophomore Kenlie Collins added three. Junior Clara Helvey assisted 11 times, and had four defensive digs. Freshman Emory Schmidt tallied eight assists and junior libero Holli Dunn recorded nine digs. 

Freshman A Team also had a victorious night with set scores of 25-20 and 25-19. Tessa Dennis put down five kills, Jordyn Weesner earned four kills, and Addyson Daughtry recorded three kills and one block. Libero Kennedy Terry played a strong defensive game for the Lady Eagles squad. Lindale will be back in district action Tuesday night at Cumberland. 

The Lady Eagles varsity cross country team won first overall in Whitehouse Saturday with four girls finishing in the top 10. Senior Addalyn Kobbs finished second with senior Cadyn Haisten catching up to sixth place. Sophomore Abigail Kelley was right in Haisten’s heels finishing seventh and Bernadette Malmgren finished tenth.

The boys’ varsity team finished second overall at the same meet with two runners in the top ten places. Junior Dax Allen left the competition in the dust by winning second place and freshman Colton Dunn finished in tenth place.