The team poses after winning first at their district competition. The feeling of winning is amazing, Nilson said. I love it.
The team poses after winning first at their district competition. “The feeling of winning is amazing,” Nilson said. “I love it.”
Randal Namanny

Tennis Wins District Competition

The tennis team placed first at last week’s District tournament for the second consecutive year in a row. They also have teams qualified for Regionals in all 5 divisions, which will be held in Longview April 11 and 12.

“I am so proud of these players and their hard work,” head coach Randal Namanny said. 

They scored 103 overall points with 50.5 coming from the girls team and 52.5 from the boys team. Those who qualified for regionals include sophomore Emilio Rodriguez in boys singles, sophomore Nicole Hines in girls singles, junior Taegan Michel and freshman Bree Taylor in girls doubles, seniors Hunter Graham and Hayden Harry in boys doubles, and senior Taegan Terry and junior Bailee Lane in mixed doubles.

“I am so excited and proud of myself,” sophomore Nicole Hines said. “Regionals makes me a little bit nervous, but I know I’m going to perform my best along with my teammates.”

In boys singles, Rodriguez placed second and senior Chance Bundy placed fourth. In girls singles, Hines placed second and sophomore Aaralyn Nilson placed sixth. In boys doubles, Graham and Harry placed first and juniors Ian Wishart and Sylas Dutton placed third. In girls doubles, Michel and Taylor placed first and sophomore Zoe Bozick and junior Bailey Thorn placed third. In mixed doubles, Terry and Lane placed first and juniors Soren Petersen and Reeci Morgan placed fourth.

“The tennis team is like a family,” Nilson said. “I am so proud of everyone’s performances, and I believe our team will continue to kill the competition this year.”

View Comments (1)