Volleyball sweeps Corsicana in district play

Last night, the Lindale Lady Eagles started off district play with a bang in a clean sweep-defeat of Corsicana on the road, and by all three teams. The Freshmen team took care of business and handled Corsicana in two sets with scores of 25-19 and 25-17.  The JV team also competed solidly with a three set defeat and scores of 25-11, 21-25, and 26-24.
For Varsity, it was the first time in the past three seasons for the Lady Eagles to beat Corsicana on the road.  Lindale was Co-District Champions with Corsicana last year, so the rivalry is very strong between these two teams.  The Lady Eagles ended up victorious in the five set battle with scores of 17-25, 27-25, 25-22, 17-25, and 15-11.  Lindale was led at the net by Brina Kuslak (11 kills, 2 blocks), Lorin Reue (10 kills, 2 blocks, 5 digs), and Shelbi Steen (9 kills, 6 digs, 2 aces).  Hannah Knox and Shailan Davis each chipped in 6 kills a piece.  Both setters, Harleigh Thurman and Kalaya Pierce, put up 20 assists and 9 digs on the night.  They kept the ball moving extremely well for all hitters.  Libero Alisha Kiser had an impressive 36 digs on the evening, and defensive specialist Jennifer Moyer added 16 digs to help Kiser with the defensive effort.
All three Lindale teams will hit the court in their next district match against Nacogdoches at home on September 26th.  On that night, we will be honoring all junior high and elementary Lady Eagles who have attended camps.  Students can get in free to the game by wearing a blue Lindale shirt!  The JV and Freshmen teams will also be competing in their final tournament of the season this weekend here at Lindale.  JV will play at the high school, and the Freshmen will play at the Junior High.