Sports Recap: 8/28-9/1

Sports Recap: 8/28-9/1

The Lady Eagles volleyball fell in one match last week, but prevailed in two others. The football team lost to Pine Tree 22-42.  Addison Ridge received all tournament honors and Clint Thurman ran for two touchdowns and passed for another.

Both the varsity and junior varsity Lady Eagles lost in three sets against Hallsville with the varsity scores being 15-25, 23-25, and 24-26. The varsity Lady Eagles also competed in the Whitehouse tournament during the weekend where they placed second for the gold bracket. 

Clint Thurman rushed for 190 yards and scored two touchdowns and passed 217 yards to Marcus Field who scored another touchdown. Wyatt Parker also rushed 30 yards, and Aiden Warnell received 92 yards at Friday’s game. Seth Baggett scored a point after taouchdown and a field goal for four more points.

The Freshman A Lady Eagles won against Hallsville. Freshman B Lady Eagles competed in the Mineola tournament during the weekend and placed third.

The Lady Eagles will play against the Tyler Lions Tuesday at 6 p.m. in Lindale. The varsity Eagles will take the field against their rivals, Van, during the next game on Friday at 7:30 p.m.