Choir students receive their award at the Spring Concert.
Anne Lambert

Choir Students Receive Texas Music Scholar Award

Six choir students received the Texas Music Scholar award. They received their certificates May 10 during the Awards Ceremony.

“In my opinion this is the most prestigious Texas high school music award as it combines talent with intelligence and perseverance,” choir director Kerry Baham said. “I applaud our students who earn this honor.”

Seniors Halle Lambert, Agapi Alexandris, Madison Klinkovsky, and Norah Taylor all received the award. Additionally, junior Sarah Kramer and sophomore Taleya Walters also received the award.

“After being part of the Lindale Choir program for nearly four years, I was extremely grateful to achieve the Texas Scholar award,” Kramer said. “It really showed how much I have improved and how hard I worked.”

The Texas Music Scholar is an award given to students who follow a certain criteria. They must have straight A’s throughout the year, receive a one at solo and ensemble, and be a part of the all-region choir.

“Choir has been a huge part of my life since I joined my freshman year,” Taylor said. “It helped me become more confident and learn to strengthen my self esteem. Receiving this award is proof that my hard work to improve in choir has paid off.”

In addition to receiving the Texas Music Scholar award, Lambert also received a music scholarship to Stephen F. Austin University of Texas. She will be majoring in music and minoring in theater.

“When I got the call from the choral director about my scholarship, I was beyond nervous,” Lambert said. “While I felt very confident in my audition for the scholarship, you never know what goes through the director’s minds. Getting a scholarship for their music program is so unbelievable to me still, but I’m so happy that they saw enough in me to help fund my dream in singing.”