Jason Fleming (Left) is the LHS Kenzie Award Nominee and Kerry Baham (Right) is the Region 7 Secondary Teacher of the Year.

Lindale High School Staff Members Honored for Contributions to Education

Teachers Kerry Baham and Jason Fleming both won awards this year for their work in the classroom. Baham was named the Lindale Secondary Teacher of the Year and Fleming is the high school’s Kenzie Nominee.
“We are very proud of our award nominees this year,” principal Jeremy Chilek said. “Both of these men are outstanding teachers for our school and for our district.”
Every year the district committee chooses a teacher to compete in Region 7’s Teacher of the Year awards, and this year it was awarded to Baham and elementary teacher Pydi Oliver. Baham is the choir director at both the high school and junior high.
“I was very pleased to be chosen [for this award] from among a talented faculty,” Baham said. “I believe these awards are a good way to motivate teachers and to let them know their work is valuable.”
The Region 7 Secondary Teacher of the Year is awarded to a teacher who displays outstanding work in and out of the classroom, dedicates time and effort to teaching their students, and continues to make meaningful contributions to education.
“We are extremely proud of Kerry Baham, our LISD nominee for Region 7 Teacher of the Year,” Chilek said. “Mr. Baham is a phenomenal teacher who has transformed our choir program in a very short time.”
Every year a teacher from every school is nominated to be the Kenzie Award winner and this year Jason Fleming is the LHS nominee. Jason Fleming is a physics teacher at the high school.
“I was congratulated for being the LHS Kenzie award nominee by a fellow teacher,” Fleming said. “It is such a great honor [to receive this award].
A teacher is nominated to be the LHS Kenzie award recipient because of their dedication to education. The teacher this award goes to is chosen by their peers in their work environment and represents excellence in all aspects of educating students. The award is special to Lindale in that it honors the legacy of longtime Lindale community member Dr. Kinzie.
“I am very humbled to be nominated because I work with so many educators that I feel are more deserving,” Fleming said. “I hope to represent LHS with pride and dignity.”