Junior Chloe Harbuck and Sophomore Halle Lambert celebrate after they learn their results. The two competed at their respective TMEA Area contests on January 11
Photos by K. Baham and S. Moore

Choir and Band Students make All-State Band

On January 11, choir and band students competed in their respective TMEA area competitions for a spot in the All-state choir and band. Junior Chloe Harbuck and Sophomore Halle Lambert both earned a spot in the state band and choir contests respectively.

“It’s never simple getting ready for these competitions,” Lambert said. “The actual competition is stressful. Once you get to the competition, you have to sign in, get your tag with your audition number, and then receive your cuts all within the first 20 minutes of arriving.”

The area competition for band was in Duncanville. Harbuck advanced to the state competition as a french horn and placed fourth at the area competition where she competed against French Horns from various larger schools.

“The preparation for this started back in August on the first day of school,” Harbuck said. “I would practice 2-3 hours a day, everyday, ever since I first got the music.”

The area competition for choir was held in Waco. After competing against 20 other area-advancing singers, Lambert made fifth chair in the All-State band and the second chair of the Treble Choir.

“Making state made me so excited for next year, it’s insane,” Lambert said. “Since Lindale will be a 4A school starting the next school year, it’ll be fresh, new faces to compete with, so I’m always excited for the new year.