The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Second Interact Meeting Next Monday

Interact Club flier. Provided by teacher Brandi Bridges.

The second Interact Club meeting will be held after school on Monday in room 229. They are looking for new members to join.  Interact is a service club  connected to Rotary International.

“Our mission statement is to provide opportunities for students to work together in a world fellowship dedicated to service and international understanding,” Bridges said. “I think it’s a great organization.”

The Rotary Club, a club mainly comprised of local business owners and leaders, partners with and sponsors Interact. Rotarian liaison Marla Pittman connects students with the Rotary Club.

“I think that the opportunity for students to get more of an international view of the world is good,” Bridges said. “It’s to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace.”

The club will participate in events such as the Rotary Club’s dictionary give away and the wild game dinner. They will also do international service projects such as Shelter Box, which sends care packages to countries in the midst of disasters.

“It’s very similar to your Key Club, and your Student Council and your Chick Fil A leadership club where we do service projects,” Bridges said. “But, the difference is that, from what I understand, there’s a lot of scholarship opportunities for schools, as well as actual international travel opportunities.”

Participants in the club will have around 10 service hours at the end of the year, amassing five per semester. Students will also volunteer at the Lillie Russell Library.

“I was looking for volunteer opportunities and figured joining a group like this would help immensely and it doesn’t have a requirement like Key Club,” senior Kylie Leaver said. “I hope we get to read to children. That sounds super fun.”