Lindale Junior High School Named High-Performing School

Lindale Eagle pride is soaring after the Texas Education Agency (TEA) named Lindale Junior High School a High-Performing Reward School for the 2013-2014 school year.
A High-Performing School is a school that receives distinction designations based on reading and math performance, an area in which Lindale Junior High continues to excel in.
LISD is proud of its hard working students, teachers and staff members for this great recognition.
“I am very proud of the Junior High Campus. There are only a few schools in the state of Texas who are considered High-Performance Schools. This recognition is a great honor for our Junior High School, and much credit must go to our recently retired Junior High Principal Vicki Thrasher. Because of her leadership and vision, Lindale Junior High students are having great success,” said Lindale ISD Superintendent Stan Surratt.
Lindale Junior High was in the top 25 percent in achievement for math and reading. The school was also in the 25th percentile on closing the gap for sub group performance in the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) test.
“I am extremely proud of the entire staff and students of Lindale Junior High School. Their hard work along with our participation in the Middle School Matters program, contributed to our success. I know that with the new leadership in place, Principal Jeremy Chilek and Assistant Principal Tracie Rand will continue the tradition of high expectations for students,” said former Lindale Junior High Principal Vicki Thrasher.
Junior High School Principal Jeremy Chilek is indeed looking forward to continuing this pattern of success in the upcoming 2014-2015 school year;
“We are honored to be named a High-Performing Reward School by TEA. This is an elite recognition given to only a handful of campuses. The staff at Lindale Junior High is the best in the state of Texas and acknowledgments such as this are a reflection of their hard work and dedication. Moving forward, our campus can build upon this success and elevate our reputation as one of the best in Texas!”