Foundation Honors Class of 2014 Top Scholars and Educators

The Lindale ISD Education Foundation knows the longstanding tradition of excellence at the Lindale Independent School District is sustained through the hard work of educators who encourage students to achieve their goals, and scholars who set the academic bar high for future graduates. The foundation recognized the top ten graduating seniors of the class of 2014 before their families and proud community members at the annual Academic Excellence Recognition Banquet at the Hideaway Lake Clubhouse Thursday, May 29. The banquet, themed “Celebrating Our Stars,” not only honored the top graduating seniors, but also the extraordinary teachers who have influenced them.

The top ten students were honored as Distinguished Scholars. Each student selected one teacher that made the biggest and most positive impact on their educational careers at LISD to be recognized alongside them as a Distinguished Educator.

“It is an honor to be part of such a wonderful program that celebrates some of our top students and their great accomplishments,” LISD Superintendent Stan Surratt said. “This banquet is one of the many great things the Lindale ISD Education Foundation has added to our school system. This was just an incredible night, celebrating our best students and teachers.”

Distinguished Scholar/Distinguished Teacher

1. (Valedictorian) Ms. Jessie Louise Elliott/Mr. Derrick Rogers
  2. (Salutatorian) Ms. Lacy Bond/Ms. Angela Coomer
  3. Mr. Logan Herrera/Mrs. Sally Clemmons
  4. Mr. Joshua Moore/Mr. Duane Walton
  5. Ms. Ashley Chambers/Mrs. Teri Hodges
  6. Ms. Emma Skelton/Mr. Robert Klein
  7. Ms. Karla Cruz/Mrs. Pam Beck
  8. Ms. Nikki O’Connor/Mrs. Deanna Drew
  9. Mr. Maxwell Taylor/Mrs. Kim Brody
  10. Ms. Madison Malone/Mrs. Janice Caldwell

The Lindale ISD Education Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides funding for innovation classroom projects that have not been funded or are under-funded by LISD’s operating budget. The Foundation also recognizes the achievements of students and teachers through events such as the Academic Excellence Recognition Banquet.

The Lindale ISD Education Foundation would like to thank the following 2014 banquet table sponsors: R.J. Collins State Farm Insurance, Lawrence and Carolyn Todd, Southside Bank, Bank Texas, Wayne and Sonja Fletcher, Jon and Robbie Lyons, Suanne Rouse, Texas State Rep. Bryan Hughes, Hideaway Lake Kiwanis, I-20 Team Real Estate, Texas Bank and Trust, John and Lila Driver, Don and Mary Achziger, and WRL General Contractors, Ltd.