Students Clark Grace and Hannah Irwin pose for a photo. The students will celebrate their futures with a launch party this Thursday.
Adrienne Parks

District to Celebrate Students’ Future

Students Clark Grace and Hannah Irwin will celebrate their exit of the school district and entrance into adulthood with a launch party on Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the library. People are free to come and go at their convenience during this timeframe.

“It’s pretty bittersweet seeing them move on, especially since this is my first year to work with Hannah and Clark,” teacher Lauren Backer said. “We’re really excited to celebrate them and share with everybody all their accomplishments to send them off on a happy, positive note, but we’re of course going to miss them a lot.”

I feel like everyone is going to miss them terribly, but I’m glad we’re celebrating them as they leave.

— teacher's aid Tonja Duncan

After being a part of the school district for 19 years, both students will pursue their aspirations as Lindale alumni. Irwin hopes to become a policewoman who works outside of Lindale after she leaves the school district.

“[My favorite part of going to Lindale] is lots of people and kids,” Irwin said.

Grace works for Achieving Dreams, a program which allows him to serve the community in various capacities. He began working for the organization every Wednesday and Friday and will continue to work after leaving the school district.

“I am very happy about [the party],” Grace said. “I am most excited about Hannah and mom and dad.”

Teacher’s aide Tonja Duncan has worked with Grace and Irwin throughout their experiences at Lindale High School. She taught the duo her first year at Lindale and has taught them every year for the last five years.

“I am so proud of their progress and how they’ve done,” teacher’s aid Tonja Duncan said. “I feel like everyone is going to miss them terribly, but I’m glad we’re celebrating them as they leave. They deserve this celebration, so I’m glad we’re doing that for them.”