New VP joins a great team

New VP joins a great team

Ryan Tomlin brings new energy and excitement to LHS

He sits at his desk planning the day with his morning coffee in hand. Muffled roars from the hall seep through the cracks in his door. The tardy bell finally rings and not a sound is to be heard. He now can think clearly and contemplate his next move on how to make a difference in lives, one student at a time.

Vice Principal Ryan Tomlin is a new member of the LHS staff. Tomlin grew up in Grand Saline where he was involved in basketball, baseball and tennis (coached by Coach Anders). He attended Howard Payne University in Brownwood, Texas where he got his degree in kinesiology with a minor in English.

“I want to bring who I am to this district and community,” Tomlin said. “I hope to be one that is consistent in how I operate, and also bring energy and excitement to the school each day.”

Prior to coming to Lindale, Tomlin was the head basketball coach at Whitehouse High School. While at Whitehouse, his team was District Champions (‘08) and the Area Runner-up (‘08-’13). Tomlin says he can apply some of the same things he experienced while coaching to his current job.

“This profession is all about knowing how to work with people and developing relationships,” Tomlin said.  “It’s similar to coaching in the fact that you try and model sound moral principles and a work ethic that will impact students and all staff in a positive way.”

Tomlin decided to transition to vice principal at Lindale because he was interested in a change and a new challenge. After coaching for 16 years, he says the Lord orchestrated his move to Lindale.

“I love the people I work with and the overall morale of the student body,” Tomlin said. “There is a spirit in this place that is unique.”

In his extra time, Tomlin loves being with my family: Brandy (his wife), Cayden-9, Jackson-7 and Reagan-4. He also loves water sports, playing drums, traveling, going to concerts, gathering with friends for fellowship, and he has recently taken up hunting as a hobby.

“It is nice to work in a place where there is so much support from the community and the people are so welcoming,” Tomlin said. “I am very blessed to be a part of the Lindale Eagle family.”