Several students that went on Jarmans previous trip plan to attend this one as well. Last years primary destinations were Greece and Rome.
Several students that went on Jarman’s previous trip plan to attend this one as well. Last year’s primary destinations were Greece and Rome.
Julia Austin

Students Plan to Travel to Ireland

Students have an opportunity to travel to various countries across Europe. The trip will occur in the summer of 2017, and students should go to Mr. Jarman’s classroom to sign up for the trip.

“I look forward to seeing the history of England, Dublin and Wales,” theatre director Taylor Jarman said. “[I] always really enjoyed English history and thought it was interesting and really affects us.”

Jarman is both sponsoring and going on the trip. Certain students plan to fundraise in several ways to pay for the trip, while others are requesting donations from friend and family members.

I’ve been wanting to go on one of these since freshman year,” junior Sarah McCeig said. “Last year, I found out about this one, so I begged my parents to let me go. [To fundraise], I asked my grandmother to donate some money.”

Last year, I found out about this one, so I begged my parents to let me go.

— Sarah McCeig

The destination was partially picked with the help of student polls conducted last year. 

“I love architecture but do not [know] much about London or Dublin,” junior Julia Austin said. “I am excited to see how it compare to the other places I’ve traveled. Traveling and experiencing other cultures is one of my favorite things to do.”

Several meetings regarding the trip have taken place already. Planning began last spring and is still in the process.

“I think it could be really cool if people like these countries and the history behind [them],” Jarman said. “It’s a really cool opportunity if they’re able to go.”