Jordan Wishart dances to the song Lost Boys in the Act 6 production. After auditions, performers have the privilege of performing for the LIndale Public
Jordan Wishart dances to the song “Lost Boys” in the Act 6 production. After auditions, performers have the privilege of performing for the LIndale Public
Adrienne Parks

Act VII Auditions Are Here

Act VII tryouts will be Tuesday, October 24 at 4 p.m. All students are encouraged to present their talent for the chance to be in the showcase scheduled for December 16.

“This is a chance to show off the awesome talent of our Lindale students,” director Neda Morrow said. “From kindergarten through high school, we have extremely talented kids who deserve their time to shine.”

The LISD Education Foundation has presented this showcase every year since 2011 to the Lindale public. All activities in preparation for this year’s show will be organized and coordinated by . Morrow.

“All students should audition for Act VII because it showcases their natural talents or something they’re proud of,” senior Anthony Wyatt said. “That is something that Act VII stands to do. The production wants students to show what they’re good at and what they believe in.”

This is a chance to show off the awesome talent of our Lindale students. From kindergarten through high school, we have extremely talented kids who deserve their time to shine.

— Neda Morrow

This year’s show will differ from previous presentations because this year’s show is a Christmas spectacular. Audiences present can expect to see many Christmas themed acts along with some that are generic to previous shows.

“I enjoy working with the talented students and directors,” Morrow said. “It is so much fun to watch them excel in their talents.”

Act VII is the largest fundraiser of the year for the Education Foundation. All funds raised through this event go back into the school to enrich student learning.

“The community is generally interested in what students do and have to show off,” Wyatt said. “They want to see what Lindale students are capable of doing, and I think it draws a lot of attention that way.”