Valerie Payne works in her new office as high school principal for LHS.
Photo by Tyra Rodden

LHS hires two new administrators

The high school’s new administrators, Principal Valerie Payne and Vice-Principal Matthew Strode,  recently started working at the school in preparation for the upcoming school year. They will be introduced to the district August 15 at Convocation.

“I believe in servant leadership,” Payne said. “It is a tremendous honor to be invited to come here and do whatever I can to assist the district in the operation of this school.”

Payne will be principal for the 2016-2017 school year. Her past experience as vice-principal at LHS and her desire to assist students helped make her decision to come out of retirement for the job. Prior to her retirement, she worked as vice principal for four years and principal for ten years in Tucson, Arizona.

“It’s really a treat for me to be back at Lindale High School where I had such great experiences,” Payne said. “To get to come back here for a second time is very special to me.”

Former Dean of Students,  Bryan Mendez,  recently left the district to work as an administrator for Tyler ISD, and Matt Strode will replace him as vice-principal.  Strode previously worked as an assistant principal for Frankston ISD and is married to his wife of six years, Rachel.

“I feel honored to be a part of Lindale ISD in general,” Strode said. “All you hear about on the outside is what an outstanding and respected school district Lindale is, and I’m excited to finally be on the inside.”

bbe336d7-3d56-43ba-8bf2-2b95e4e3d2df