Art Classes Create Floral Arrangements For Project Soar

Students in Art I create quilled floral arrangements. They will be passed out to nursing homes on Friday

The art classes are creating paper flowers and quilled floral arrangements for the Assisted Living Facilities. The projects will be passed out during Project Soar by the Chick Fil A Leadership Academy on Friday.

“I love the foundational reasons that students are creating these sculptures,” art teacher Rebecca Harrison said. “Our artists really bought into the idea of providing flowers to the residents of our community’s Assisted Living Facilities, these bouquets will hopefully be a lasting token of our thoughts and well wishes”

Jamie Mowerie’s Art I class plans to create 50 quilled floral arrangements. Advanced art students and the other Art I students in Rebecca Harrison’s class plan to make 100 flower sculptures. 

This year to help out with Project Soar my Art I classes are designing flowers using paper quilling techniques,” art teacher Jamie Mowery said. “I chose this project because it’s a nice way to brighten someone’s day.”

Along with the art projects, every year students from different departments volunteer to give back to the community on Good Friday. Students come together for a variety of projects.

“This has brought me so much joy to bring light into other people’s lives,” senior Ireland Cornejo said. “I am excited to be making these flowers and giving them to deserving people.”

Students will work on a variety of services such as yard work at the Journey Center, collecting donated items, or visiting local nursing homes. 

“This project has been very fun and has definitely kept me busy,” freshman Lilly Johnson said. “I’m so glad I get to contribute to the happiness of this good cause.”