AT&T Customers Report Widespread Outage

AT%26T+faces+widespread+outages+across+the+U.S.+beginning+on+Thursday+morning.+Wifi+and+personal+hotspots+have+been+greatly+affected.+
AT&T faces widespread outages across the U.S. beginning on Thursday morning. Wifi and personal hotspots have been greatly affected.

The global telecommunications company AT&T suffered widespread outages across the U.S. beginning on Thursday morning, which affected many customers, including LHS students and staff.

Over 32,000 AT&T outages were reported by customers early Thursday morning. 

“I was taking my sister to school, and my sister couldn’t get on Spotify; she said I had no service and I was on SOS mode,” sophomore Kenlie Collins said. “And now hotspots aren’t working for me. The worst part is not being able to use my phone.” 

This outage is not only affecting the work and school place, but has also interfered with daily activities. With hotspots and cellular data momentarily unavailable, online daily activities became increasingly difficult.

“I woke up this morning and saw the SOS,” sophomore Carly Schultz said. “It’s scary because not everybody can contact people or authorities. I can’t talk to my friends or watch instagram.”

It’s not clear what started this nationwide internet outage. However AT&T has acknowledged the issue and is working on resolving the issue. As of Thursday evening, AT&T has released a statement saying  it was an “execution of an incorrect process” rather than a cyberattack.

“We won’t switch providers, but I may not recommend them after this,” sophomore Carly Schultz said. “My whole family is on the same plan, but my dad has service and me and my mom don’t. What’s weird is me and my mom have newer phones then my dad.”