The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

LHS Names 2024 Coronation Court

As the names are called during announcements, four girls think back to last year’s Coronation ceremony.  They can see the glitter sparkling off of dresses as duchesses take a bow onstage. Applauses and smiles fill the auditorium as each girl takes a turn with their escort. It’s been a dream for years, but now seniors Ireland Cornejo, Joey Forsyth, Landri Laing, and Liliana Miller will be the next ones to walk the Coronation stage as queen nominees.

The Coronation queen will be announced Saturday for the 2023-2024 Coronation ceremony. Each grade voted on a nominee to represent their class.

“I am always honored to be a part of this long-standing tradition in Lindale,” Coronation director Keri Pierce said. “Coronation this year should be beautiful and fun with the ‘Welcome to Rio’ theme.”

Cornejo will represent the freshman class and will be escorted by senior Wyatt Parker. She is involved in NHS, participated in VASE for art and directed a UIL film last year. She plans to attend UT Tyler and major in marketing and minor in graphic design.

“I’m super honored to be nominated for queen,” Cornejo said. “I am thankful and I am excited to have this opportunity to be part of this Lindale tradition.”

Forsyth will represent the sophomore class and will be escorted by senior Cole Collinsworth. She is involved in NHS, STUCO, and she is a Star Steppers lieutenant. After graduation, she plans to be part of a collegiate dance team.

“I feel very grateful to have a chance to participate in this classic Lindale tradition and get to walk the stage and represent my class well,” Forsyth said. “I feel very grateful that the sophomore class decided to pick me.”

Laing will represent the junior class and will be escorted by senior Clint Thurman. She is involved in varsity basketball, soccer, cheer, NHS, Chick-fil-A Leader Academy, Mu Alpha Theta, and she’s also an FCA officer as well as vice president of STUCO. In the fall, Laing will attend Texas A&M and major in agribusiness, minor in nutritional sciences, and attend dental school.

“I feel very surprised that I’m being nominated,” Laing said. “I’m very shocked and I love that I was nominated by them and I have a lot of friends that are juniors so it was really fun”

Miller will represent the senior class and will be escorted by senior Muath Shalabi. She is involved in varsity softball, EagleVision, STUCO, and Key Club. After graduation, Miller will attend UT Austin and major in biology to become a forensic pathologist.

“I think it’s so awesome that I was nominated by the senior class,” Miller said. “So many of my friends helped and it’s good to know I’m supported by the people around me.”

Each grade also nominated a student to represent their class as a duchess. The duchesses for each grade are freshman Tessa Dennis, sophomore Bailee Schilling, junior Addison Pritchard, and senior Bridget Woodrum.

“I’m really excited to be representing my senior class,” Woodrum said. “I can’t wait to enjoy the night with my friends.”

Additionally, each club nominated a duchess to represent their club. Only juniors and seniors were eligible to be chosen. During the ceremony, there will be performances from the theater department as well as the drill team.

“I’m extremely excited to be able to participate in a long-standing Lindale tradition,” junior and football duchess Bailey Gilleland said. “I can’t wait to get to see all of the other wonderful clubs being represented.”