The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eaglevision Wins Better Business Bureau Film Competition

Members of the EagleVision film team hold up their $2500 check from the better Business Bureau. “I wanted to give my class a chance to receive funding for us to do more fun stuff,” senior Liliana Miller said.

Members of the EagleVision film team won first place in the Better Business Bureau Student Film Contest. KLTV will broadcast the winners of the contest live February 18.

“I am so proud of this film team,” Director Neda Morrow said. “They’re really trying to do something excellent.”

They received $2000 for the school and $500 to split among themselves. The film was entirely student-created and will be made available on the Better Business Bureau’s YouTube channel as well as the EagleVision YouTube channel.

“The kids are out and about doing career-focused hands-on activities,” Morrow said.  “I think that is the best education in the world.”

This year, the students created a film about transparency. Sophomore George Powell was the main director and came up with the idea for the film. Senior Liliana Miller and sophomore Audrey Yang helped to bring it all together.

Winning meant a lot to me because it was the first film that I was able to be a big part of with my friends for a competition,” Yang said. “I wanted to be a part of this process because I like filming and being competitive.”

The film follows a glass company, titled GlassCo, where the owner has become so transparent with his customers that he is invisible. Miller, playing the role of an aspiring business partner, enters the building and meets with the ‘invisible’ boss.

‘Winning not only brings in money to the program for us to do more, it also promotes core values that we as an organization want to project,” Miller said. “I loved being able to go act and create a film that was worth watching and that promoted a wonderful business model.”

This is the second year the film team has won the contest. Last year they created a film on the signs of a better practice.

“They just keep winning things because they are doing things the right way,” Morrow said. “They have standards themselves and they are really trying to meet them.”