The Student News Site of Lindale High School

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Eagle Eye News

Featured Faces: Josiah Abel

Name: Josiah Abel

Grade: Junior

My Extracurriculars: I am currently running on the Cross Country team, and will be running Track in the spring.

What I enjoy Doing: I love volunteering at Grace Community Church, I put in about 6 hours a week. I do anything from working with all ages of children to setting up for service.

My Special Talents: I am really good with kids, and I love to show them Christ and how much He loves them. I just really like being a good role model for them and showing them they have someone older than them that they can count on.

What Makes Me Unique: I think I’m unique because I know that my purpose in life is to glorify God and I do that however I feel led to. If that leads to people making judgments of me I don’t really care. 

My Future Plans: My plans for the future are to hopefully get a scholarship to college because I can’t afford it. If I do I want to pursue being a youth pastor and just invest in high schoolers and showing them the goodness of God. However, I’m really just doing whatever the good Lord leads me to do because it’s all for his glory.

What’s on my TV: I just finished the show Friday Night Lights and I also watch a ton of college sports. Basketball and football are my favorites. I am a huge Wisconsin fan. Go badgers!

My Favorite Movies: My favorite movie is ‘Remember the Titans.’

My Favorite Music: I love Christian music. My favorite band is Rend Collective, but I love worship music too.

My Favorite Website or Social Media: My favorite social media app is probably Instagram because I am able to share what God is doing in my life with thousands of people.

My Superstitions/Phobias/What I’m Afraid of: I am super afraid of bugs and I always have been. I scream like a girl when I get near them.

Worst Habit: My worst habit is probably going to sleep when I need to finish chores. I love a good nap and sometimes I “accidentally” fall asleep before my chores are done.

I Would Love to Trade Places for a Day With: I would love to trade places with my youth pastor Dalton Baker for a day just to see what his job is like and what it entails. 

My Favorite Meal: My favorite meal is street tacos and rice. Whenever my friends go out to eat Mexican this is always what I get.

My Favorite Drink: My favorite drink as a runner has to be water. It’s the best for you.

My Favorite Celebrity: My favorite celebrity is definitely Jaxson Gauntt he went famous for his ASL tik tok last year and has 150,000 followers. He even goes here! (He’s also my best friend.)

My hero: My hero is pretty generic, but it’s Jesus Christ. All he did just to save us is so remarkable to me. Why would anyone want to endure that pain for people who don’t deserve it? That’s hero-like to me.

My Hobbies/Interests: I love to run and watch sports. I always make sure to cherish my time with my friends and make sure to invest Christ’s love in them. I love meeting new people and listening to their interests and abilities.

The Top Item on my Bucket List: The top of my Bucket list is definitely going to Israel to see the places from the Bible in real life. I think that would be eye-opening and so cool.

View Comments (1)