Senior NHS officers present awards for the NHS award ceremony
Delaccie Walton

Student Recognized With National Service Awards

Eight students have been recognized for community service and national state service awards. This year they have additional recognition for students working toward a world of Zero Hunger and Zero Waste.
“This past year was full of service opportunities, and I had a ton of fun serving my community,” senior Crew Goodson said. “Being a part of NHS has also shown me what goes into organizing community service and the impact it has on others.”
Students are categorized in Honor Awards, Merit Awardees, and Zero Hero Awardees. Senior Camden Chilek received the most hours, being the only Honor Award winner.
“Being an officer of NHS has opened so many opportunities for me to serve this community,” senior Camden Chilek said. “I have had so much fun participating in all events.”
Schools with a collective student impact above 2,000 hours of service, the equivalent of a full time employee, are recognized with a School Impact Award. Students from Lindale have invested 4457 + hours in community needs, earning the Sapphire Award.
“I loved gaining community service hours,” senior Gwendolyn May said. It’s an honor to meet and serve the people within my community.”
There were 51 Unique Awards earned, the 41 UNA-USA National Service Awards and 10 Zero Hunger Awards.
“I loved being able to help the community out in many different ways,” junior Kaden Strickland said “I’m excited to work this next year and hopefully volunteer even more to see more growth in our community.”