Volleyball Sports Recap Sept. 27

The Lady Eagles defeated Mabank in the varsity, junior varsity, and freshmen levels Sept. 27. Lindale’s Varsity won in three sets 25-22, 25-17, and 25-10. Junior Varsity won in two sets with scores of 25-14 and 25-17. The Freshman Lady Eagles won in three sets 25-22, 14-22, and 25-14.

“I really enjoy getting to play with a team I’ve gotten so close with,” sophomore Addison Ridge said. “We have a lot of potential and I can’t wait to see what we are capable of.”

Addison Ridge led the attack with 16 kills, and added 7 digs defensively. Maddox Lay put down 8 kills and had 7 digs, and Reagan Cates provided 4 kills and 2 blocks. Kayli Vickery also added 2 blocks, and 2 kills on the night. Setter, Anna Ivy assisted 17 times, and added 5 digs, and Tatum Woodard had 10 assists.

“I happy with how much we’ve grown as a team,” sophomore Izzy Koonce. “We’re constantly working to get better in practice everyday.”

Junior Varsity won in two sets with scores of 25-14 and 25-17. Alyssa Potts led the Lady Eagles with 8 kills, 3 digs, and 2 aces. Izzy Koonce had 6 kills, 13 assists. Addison Frazier put down 5 kills, and Kady Spears and Katie Gordon each added 3 kills. Justina Stirling had 3 blocks and a kill. Setter Clara Helvey assisted 14 times and had two aces. Libero, Callie Schmidt was solid defensively with 12 digs for the Lady Eagles.