Life Skills to Hold a 4:13 Challenge Day

The district’s special needs students will participate in the 4:13 Challenge day April 12 at Eagle Stadium from 8:45 to 11:45 a.m. Students in need of volunteer hours can sign up in room 121 to serve at this event.

“It feels great to provide a day that is all about recognizing our special students and giving them a day of fun with their peer buddies,” coach Christy Bateman said. “It is exciting to see them give their time and energy to something that is bigger than themselves.”

The challenge is a field day where life skills students can participate in multiple activities such as volleyball, basketball, golf, bowling, obstacle course, football, baseball, turbo javelin throw, and fishing. 

“I’m so excited to volunteer at this event,” junior Bailey Roach said. “This is a great learning opportunity for all of us who are volunteering, and we will build up many skills that we may need for our futures. I also enjoy the fact that we have a way to impact fellow students as well as younger students in a positive way.”

Usually the event would be held on April 13, which was inspired by the Bible verse of Phillipians 4:13. It reads “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

“Volunteering for this will be super fun,” junior Kaylene Voyles said. “I am super excited for this opportunity and hope I will be able to make someone’s day a little brighter.”