Seniors Chase Klein and Peyton Lebaron design the basketball program. I took graphics design with Mrs. Kelly last year, which taught me a lot in photoshop, Lebaron said. It’s really cool to get to experience designing something for the school.
Seniors Chase Klein and Peyton Lebaron design the basketball program. I took graphics design with Mrs. Kelly last year, which taught me a lot in photoshop,” Lebaron said. “It’s really cool to get to experience designing something for the school.”
Photo by Lindsey Kelly

Graphic Design Students Make Program for Basketball

Seniors Chloe Nations, Chase Klein, and Peyton Lebaron from graphic design II made a program for the basketball teams during November. They designed with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

“It is exciting for these students to use their skills,” graphics design teacher Lindsay Kelly said. “[They are ‘Giving] back’ to a program here at the high school.”

Local businesses sent in advertisements to be used for the program. They made half-page, quarter-page, and full page ads.

“I figured out that I like designing last year when I took Mrs. Kelly’s graphic design class,” Klein said. “This year she asked me to help design the basketball program, and I was really excited when she asked me too because I do really love designing.”

It took the students two months for the program to be complete. During October, local businesses sent ads in, and during November, the students laid everything out and put it all back together.

“It was a really long process,” Klein said. “But we were able to get it done and it looked great at the end so I’m really excited about how it turned out.”