Lindale Varsity Tennis team poses with their regionals trophy. The team got second overall.
Lindale Tennis

Sports Recap Oct. 11-15

Varsity football played against Athens and won with a score of 64-29 on Homecoming.

Senior Sam Peterson had 17 successful passes totalling 279 yards and scored two touchdowns. Sophomore Clint Thurman had 110 rushing yards averaging 8.5 yards gained per carry and 2 touchdowns. Senior Keiler Miller had two solo tackles and seven assisted tackles.

“We’re excited about how our team is improving each week,” head football coach Chris Cochran said. “ I’m really proud of our players and coaches for not getting caught up in starting the season 1-3. They just kept working and drowned out the negativity.”

Varsity tennis played Pleasant Grove in the area playoffs winning 10-9 moving to the regional quarterfinals. They faced the Spring Hill Panthers and defeated them 10-0. The team moved to the regional tournament where they made it through the finals and placed 2nd in the region.

The freshman volleyball team won their game in two sets against Chapel Hill with varsity losing in four and junior varsity in three.

The cross country teams had their district meet Oct. 14. Freshman Gaby Saboia qualified individually for regionals and placed second overall at the meet. The varsity girls team qualified for regionals and will compete there on Oct. 25.

Both boys and girls golf teams competed at Mt. Pleasant Country Club for their first tournament. The girls team placed second shooting 351 only 10 strokes behind first. Freshman Kenzie McClenny placed second individually shooting 79 and junior Kennedy Weesner placed third individually shooting 81.